Please show all your work for full credit.
Part 1 –
- Find the product of 2/3 and 5/7.
- Multiply 1/5 by 2/3 and simplify the result.
- What is the product of 3/4 and 2/5?
- Evaluate 1/3 multiplied by 4/5.
- What is the product of 2/5 and 7/9?
- Multiply 3/8 by 5/6 and simplify the result.
- Evaluate 4/7 multiplied by 3/5.
- Find the product of 1/2 and 4/9.
- Multiply 5/6 by 2/3 and simplify the result.
- What is the product of 3/5 and 6/7?
Part 2 – Word Problems
- If a pizza recipe calls for 3/4 cups of flour and you want to make three pizzas, how much flour do you need in total?
- A recipe for chocolate chip cookies calls for 2/3 cups of sugar. If you want to make four batches of cookies, how much sugar do you need in total?
- A carpenter needs to cut a board that is 2/3 feet long into pieces that are 1/4 feet long. How many pieces can the carpenter make?
- A school has 2/3 of its students participate in a fundraiser. If there are 450 students in total, how many students participated in the fundraiser?
- A recipe for lemonade calls for 1/2 cups of lemon juice and 3/4 cups of sugar. If you want to make two batches of lemonade, how much lemon juice and sugar do you need in total?
- A pizza restaurant orders 3/8 of a ton of flour and uses 2/5 of it to make pizzas. How much flour is left over?
- A farmer has 3/4 of an acre of land and wants to plant 1/3 of it with corn. How many acres of land will be used to plant corn?
- A company produces 4/5 of a product and ships 3/4 of it to a customer. How much of the product did the customer receive?
- A baker needs 2/3 cups of sugar to make one batch of cupcakes. If the baker wants to make 10 batches of cupcakes, how much sugar does the baker need in total?
- A construction worker needs 5/6 of a board to complete a project. If the worker has 2/3 of a board, how much more does the worker need to complete the project?