Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet Test
Part 1: Basic Problems
Solve the following problems:
- $3.2 times 4 = $
- $8.7 times 2 = $
- $2.6 times 5 = $
- $4.3 times 3 = $
- $7.9 times 1 = $
- $1.5 times 9 = $
- $6.4 times 2 = $
- $9.1 times 3 = $
- $5.7 times 6 = $
- $2.8 times 8 = $
Part 2: Word Problems
Solve the following word problems:
- A store has 4.5 dozen eggs. How many eggs are there in total?
- A pizza has a diameter of 10.5 inches. What is the area of the pizza?
- A car travels at a speed of 55.5 miles per hour. How far will it travel in 4 hours?
- A swimming pool has a length of 30.5 meters, a width of 15.25 meters, and a depth of 2.5 meters. How much water is needed to fill the pool?
- A book has 352 pages and each page has a thickness of 0.0025 inches. What is the total thickness of the book in inches?
- A recipe calls for 1.25 cups of sugar. How much sugar is needed to make 4 batches of the recipe?
- A person buys 3.5 pounds of ground beef for a recipe. How much ground beef is needed to make 8 batches of the recipe?
- A company pays its employees $12.75 per hour. How much will the company pay an employee who works 7.5 hours?
- A movie theater has 245 seats. If each ticket costs $7.25, how much money will the theater make if all the seats are sold out?
- A rectangle has a length of 8.25 meters and a width of 5.5 meters. What is the area of the rectangle?
Part 3: Challenging Problems
Solve the following challenging problems:
- A store has a sale where all items are 25% off. If an item originally costs $10.50, what is the sale price of the item?
- A person wants to buy 5.25 pounds of apples. The apples cost $1.25 per pound. How much money does the person need to buy the apples?
- A person buys a car for $15,500 and sells it for $18,250. What is the percentage increase in the selling price compared to the buying price?
- A company sells a product with a profit margin of 35%. If the cost of producing the product is $25.75, what is the selling price of the product?
- A person wants to buy a house that costs $375,000. The person has saved up $112,500 for a down payment, which is 30% of the total cost of the house. How much money does the person still need to save to be able to buy the house?
- A person spends 25% of their monthly salary on rent, 15% on food, 10% on transportation, and 50% on other expenses. If the person’s monthly salary is $3,500, how much money does the person spend on transportation each month?
- A person invests $5,000 in a savings account that earns 3% interest per year. How much money will the person have in the account after 5 years?
- A person wants to buy a laptop that costs $1,200. The person has a credit card with a 0% introductory interest rate for 6 months. If the person pays $200 per month, how much money will the person owe after 6 months?
- A company produces 3,500 units of a product every day. If each unit costs $0.25 to produce, how much money does the company spend on producing the product each day?
- A person wants to buy a plane ticket that costs $750. The person has a coupon for 20% off. How much money will the person save with the coupon?