Fractions of Amounts Worksheet Test
Solve the following problems. Show your work and simplify your answers when possible.
- Find 1/4 of 36.
- What is 3/5 of 50?
- A recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. How much sugar is needed for 2 batches of the recipe?
- If 2/3 of a pizza is eaten, what fraction of the pizza remains?
- If a pencil costs $0.50, what is the cost of 2/3 of a dozen pencils?
- A car travels 180 miles on 4 gallons of gas. How far can the car travel on 1 gallon of gas?
- A book is 240 pages long. What fraction of the book is 1/3 of the book?
- A box contains 24 marbles. If 1/6 of the marbles are red, how many red marbles are in the box?
- A cake recipe calls for 1/3 cup of butter. How much butter is needed for 5 cakes?
- John spent 5/8 of his allowance on a toy. If his allowance was $40, how much did the toy cost?
- If a shirt costs $20 and is on sale for 1/4 off, what is the sale price of the shirt?
- A bag contains 80 candies. If 3/8 of the candies are chocolate, how many candies are not chocolate?