Answer the following questions. Show your work.
Part 1: Basic Fractional Parts
- What fraction of a dollar is 25 cents?
- What fraction of an hour is 15 minutes?
- If a pizza is cut into 8 equal slices and you eat 3 slices, what fraction of the pizza have you eaten?
- If a bag of candy has 20 pieces and you eat 1/4 of the bag, how many pieces of candy did you eat?
- If a cake is cut into 10 equal slices and you eat 2 slices, what fraction of the cake have you eaten?
Part 2: Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- If you have 1/3 of a pizza and your friend has 1/4 of the same pizza, how much of the pizza do you both have?
- If you have 2/5 of a cake and your friend has 1/5 of the same cake, how much of the cake do you both have?
- If you have 3/4 of a bag of candy and your friend has 1/8 of the same bag of candy, how much of the candy do you both have?
- If you have 1/2 of a sandwich and your friend has 1/6 of the same sandwich, how much of the sandwich do you both have?
- If you have 3/4 of a gallon of water and you pour out 1/8 of the same gallon, how much water do you have left?
Part 3: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- If a recipe calls for 2/3 of a cup of flour and you want to make half of the recipe, how much flour do you need?
- If a recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of sugar and you want to make 1/4 of the recipe, how much sugar do you need?
- If a recipe calls for 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt and you want to make 3 times the recipe, how much salt do you need?
- If a recipe calls for 1/3 of a cup of milk and you want to make 2 times the recipe, how much milk do you need?
- If you have a rectangular garden that is 1/2 of a yard wide and 3/4 of a yard long, what is the area of the garden in square yards?
Part 4: Real-World Word Problems
- A pizza parlor has a 16-inch pizza for $12. If a customer wants 1/4 of the pizza, how much will they pay?
- A bag of dog food has 50 pounds of food in it. If a dog eats 1/8 of a pound of food per day, how many days will the bag of food last?
- A recipe calls for 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for 4 servings. If you want to make 12 servings, how much vegetable oil do you need?
- A juice bar sells a 32-ounce smoothie for $6. If a customer wants 1/3 of the smoothie, how much will they pay?
- A gas tank holds 20 gallons of gas. If a car gets 1/4 of a gallon per mile, how far can the car go on a full tank of gas?
Part 5: Bonus Challenge
- A farmer has a circular field with a radius of 20 yards. If the farmer wants to plant crops on 3/4 of the field, what is the area of the portion of the field that will be planted with crops? (Round your answer to the nearest whole number.)
End of Worksheet Test.