Decimal Word Problems Worksheet Test
Instructions: Read each problem carefully and solve.
- Joe bought a book for $12.50. He paid with a $20 bill. How much change did he receive?
- A school has 650 students. If 25% of the students are absent, how many students are present?
- If a bag of apples weighs 3.5 pounds and there are 6 bags, what is the total weight of the apples?
- A company increased its sales by 20% this year. If the total sales last year were $500,000, what are the total sales for this year?
- A store is having a 30% off sale. A shirt that normally costs $45.00 is on sale. What is the sale price?
- A car travels 350 miles on 12 gallons of gasoline. How far can it travel on 20 gallons of gasoline?
- A student scored 85% on a test that had 40 questions. How many questions did the student answer correctly?
- A recipe calls for 2/3 cup of sugar. If you want to make half the recipe, how much sugar do you need?
- A factory produces 5,000 widgets in a day. If they produce widgets for 6 days a week, how many widgets do they produce in a month with 4 weeks?
- A train travels at a speed of 60 miles per hour. How long does it take for the train to travel a distance of 300 miles?